October 17, 2018

14 Days til H'ween! Secret Reapers







Every year over at the HalloweenForum they have this thing called a Secret Reaper.  Basically you sign up & post a list of "likes & dislikes" then the coordinator will send you your "victim" and their list.  

There are usually 2 Secret Reaper events in the fall.  The first one starts in August & the second immediately after in September.  I've done both forever. 

The list makes sense, because there are so many ways to DO Halloween!  For example, I don't do blood & gore / movie guys like Freddy & Jason, Nightmare before Christmas or Disney!  But I do like skeletons, cemeteries, pumpkins / jack-o-lanterns etc.  We also include any themes we might have going on so our reapers can make / buy / regift / find the perfect things.    

I just recently gotten my final gift. I'm pretty happy with what I got. 
Maddie to the left, Rusty IN the box, Daisy on the right & Jack on front.  My reaper has 3 little yappy dogs & a cat so the box was interesting!
Hand-painted & "corpsed" jack-o-lanterns.
Fabulous silver spider & little throw pillow.
Handmade art.
a lenticular greeting - from the right it says Happy Halloween, from the left it says trick or treat.
Pretty awesome!

Rusty was trying to get INTO the jack-o-lantern!

I kind of posted these backwards- the following is from the first reaper.
pumpkins & a jack-o-lantern!
A dracula cape that the cats were really interested in.  (I listed costumes for the skeletons)
a potion bottle and A NUTCRACKER!!!!
I've never seen cloth packaged this way before, but the 4 yards of heavy black bottom material have already come in handy in the cemetery!

I love to do this, since the anticipation is fun & then also putting together the perfect gift to send on to someone else!

2013 Secret Reaper (part 2)
2012 Great Pumpkin
2012 Secret Reaper

Countdown to Halloween

 photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-164-6E1F2937D85F5FD3EB8A14DC4819E6EF_zpsg5damrgy.png

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great! And what a fun way to celebrate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite fun! Always different and unique ways to enjoy the season.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!!