October 09, 2018

22 Days - Cemetery Tuesday / North Dryden Cemetery

North Dryden Cemetery is located on the outskirts of Dryden, in Lapeer County Michigan. 
FindAGrave says there are 157 burials here.  
 The main thing I noticed was the large number of unusual names!
 

Phileman Spencer
 Eldorus Spencer
 

Euphema A. Williams


 Brace King
Addilla Williams 
Phebe Swain 
Lovina Swain (Phebe's mother)
wife of Ivia Swain (not listed in this cemetery)
 I wonder at the story behind this stack.
Cyrus Spencer
I've seen books carved in stones. They represent the Bible. And I've seen fingers pointing the way up toward Heaven.  But I haven't seen them layered together like this!
 This was the only defined family plot.
 Rosanna
 Edgar
Revolutionary War veteran
He died while serving in the 3rd Michigan Infantry, Company I
March 28, 1865
He's wasn't even 16 years old. 
 Lizana Watkins
Hannah 
 Lidia
 Viletta Woodward
 That's a seriously funky tree!
Sarah E, wife of  Elisha H Baker
 Abagail, wife of Elisha H. Baker
 Lovina Squier
that's 2 in this cemetery!
Alonzo & Antanett Sutherland
Deuteronomy Cooley!
This poor kid.  I hope they called him Tommy or something. 
 1852 - 1861
Loisa, wife of Ashbel Fox
Horace Tripp
 Julia, wife of Holden Tripp


Countdown to Halloween

 photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-164-6E1F2937D85F5FD3EB8A14DC4819E6EF_zpsg5damrgy.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!!