October 01, 2013

Countdown - 30 days - Maple Grove Cemetery, Leetsville

This was the first of the ~real~ Maple Grove cemeteries we visited while on vacation to northern Michigan this summer.  These are all in the Traverse City / Petoskey area. 

 Leetsville, Kalkaska County

 Right as we pulled up outside the gate - this turkey hen was startled.  
She ran back and forth before finally going over the fence. 

Speaking of the fence - it was brand new!


 A wood slab.



These are more moss-covered wood planks.  







 I wonder why they felt the need to put a slab over the wife?

I loved the big quartz in front of this head 'stone'.

















 I'm pretty excited to see that I got a pic of a celebrity!
Grace Gilbert was one of Barnum & Bailey's first Bearded Ladies in their circus!

1 comment:

  1. Richard Gauthier (Stratton & ???)October 28, 2017 at 10:28 AM

    Great Photos! Lots on ancestors in Leetsville's Maple Grove on My Mother's Dads side (Stratton). By the way, until recently there was a well with a pump that I have a photo of. If you like, I'll try to find it & post it if you like.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!!