October 02, 2013

Countdown - 29 days - getting started

I'm totally doing this backwards - LOL!  This should have been yesterday's post.  Oh well - Roll with it!

For the month of October, I'm doing the Countdown to Halloween along with a whole LOT of other blogs - I simply am posting something Halloween related every day up until the big day.  I've visited a LOT of cemeteries over the summer (including 6 REAL Maple Groves!!) so they will be featured, as well as updates to the display and ummmmm, stuff!

I pulled the headstones out of storage Monday and re-installed the conduit clampy things on the backs that will slide over the rebar / stakes that are driven into the ground.  I also did some paint touch ups and even completely painted over a couple of them.  Now I need to come up with some new names and to finish the ones I glued foam insulation sheets on.

Last night I pulled the blowmold army out of the shed and took the lights off so I could give them all baths. Wouldn't you know that the nastiest one with the most spiderwebs / dirt / bug carcasses is the one that fell against my head???
Just what I want in my hair.  Ew.


I was smart enough to label each fixture so I know which mold it goes back on. And I could test bulbs and make a list of what needs to be replaced.

This also includes the first Halloween-related injury of the season!  I used some stakes to hold the molds upright while spraying them with the hose.....and of course missed the stake with the hammer and hit the index finger knuckle on my left hand.   It's a lovely, swollen shade of purple right now.

And of course, the Christmas Army had to come out to visit for a while.  I thought about cleaning them off, but instead they're going to wait until I put the H'ween guys back in storage.


Brief update on the fence.  The wood recyclers near my house buy & sell pallets for reconditioning.  I've emailed them to see if I can 'acquire' 15 or so before reconditioning.  I don't want to buy them!  I could just keep an eye out on the side of road, but I have a small car and the ones I have stopped to look at were wider than my trunk!  And of course, the company next door to my work who has had mountains of the big pallets sitting out back all summer, got rid of them just when I was going to call and borrow my mom's pickup.  Damn it. 

6 comments:

  1. Nice collection of Blow Molds you've got there! Love the Frank :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      It's funny that my daughter pretends to not be interested in my display, but she's the one who suggested getting Frank!

      Delete
  2. Love the collection of stuff! Wish I had a bunch like that, myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      It's tough to find the rare / unusual ones around here - other than ebay. :(

      Delete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!!