October 03, 2017

28 days - Maple Grove Cemetery, Bagley

Real Maple Grove Cemetery Tour 2017, stop #1 - Bagley, MI

Located in Menominee County, in the point of the Upper Peninsula that sticks down between Lake Michigan and Wisconsin. 

A smallish cemetery, with 440 interments, in the middle of basically nowhere.  The road was paved, but there were no houses / farms / civilization anywhere near.   We got there right at dusk, so I eventually had to use my phone to find some of the stones in order to get a pic with my camera.  So the quality of these photos may be poorer than I'd like.  Once the sun went down, it was really freakin' dark!  
 
The bricks were set in a heart shape. 
 Fuzzy, but it was dedicated to the family who donated the land for the cemetery. 
 front & back
 Where I am
No breaking heart is here
No sad & chilling pain
no wasted cheeks where the frequent tear
rolls down and leaves its stain.

Dear friends of mortal years
The trusted and the true.
You are watching still in the valley of tears
But I wait to welcome you. 
close up of the photo
front & back - names on both side
funky moss

I wonder if the insert where the name would go was broken & lost?  Or never installed to begin with?
 I have no idea if those are eyes off to the right or not!  I was standing in the road, trying to get a decent shot of the sign, and off to the right of me, clear as anything - a child coughed!  I can't imagine any of the 100 deer we saw would make a noise like that, so I was really weirded out!

Countdown to Halloween
 photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-164-6E1F2937D85F5FD3EB8A14DC4819E6EF_zpsg5damrgy.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!!