October 09, 2017

22 days - Maple Grove Cemetery, Greenland

Real Maple Grove Cemetery 2017 Tour, stop # 3 - Greenland (aka Mass City), MI

This cemetery was only about 20 miles away from the one in Bruce Crossing!  Which means also in Ontonagon County.  There were over 2400 interments. 
 

I actually tried to replace the vase, but it fought with me, so I left it. 

Yes, it's what you think it says.  It's not a OO.  
Lovely Veteran's memorial
 
close up of the Cross below 
Grave of a child
 
 
 I didn't see a name or a stone nearby that this would belong to...
 
 
 
I recall doing some research in the past and finding out there was a large Finnish community in northern Michigan.  Which explains why I saw so many names you'd find in the NHL today!
Trudeau & Tredeau were right next to each other. 
Liisa
Some recent storm damage.
The older section of the cemetery (technically it would be a graveyard) was around this beautiful little church....until I realized that it was no longer a church, but a place selling candles & soaps!
Then I felt like I was trespassing in someone's yard. 
Lovely stained glass, tho!

2 angles of the only zinc stone I saw.
a HUGE maple tree!

Countdown to Halloween
 photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-164-6E1F2937D85F5FD3EB8A14DC4819E6EF_zpsg5damrgy.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!!