October 19, 2023

#CountdownToHalloween2023 This & that part 2



Random posts are kind of fun!
Chuck got a new friend! 
I'm not sure why Target felt the need to carry rainbow skeletons this year, but I'm digging it! 
The lighting is coming along nicely.
I really really like the orange rope lights in front of the picket fence!  
I've added some more since I took this, like an amber flood on the horse on the right side of the house.  I have a campfire that'll go between Marvin (the big guy in front) and the shack.  
We went to go check out Tillson St in Romeo with the grandkids & didn't even take any pics of the houses!   There will be another trip.
However, I took this for inspiration.  That would be handy to block the floods from the street better than a headstone does and also direct the light.  
Project #1 for 2024!
This was in the sidewalk on Tillson St!  
This skeleton initially was standing with his hands up in the air, like he threw or dropped his end of the coffin.  But then we had some wind and he began to lean.  
And lean.
and finally his feet came off the ground!
So here he's giving the grandkids flying lessons. 

and I still haven't fixed him!

So my manager sent this in a group text on Tuesday.
Wednesday, when it was calling for partly sunny & low 60s, I went into work and told her I think I was going to go home healthy that day.  And she was good with that!  I had painting I wanted to do and it's been so cool & damp lately, the thought of wasting such a nice day when we probably won't get that many more killed me!   I think she was surprised that I didn't turn around and walk right back out - but I stuck it out until almost 1pm since I had stuff I needed to get done. 
Orange pool noodles cut to size, scraped with scissors & hit with spray paint to make logs for my campfire.  I just have to string them on some orange lights and put them out in the cemetery.   I might even just dump them in a pile with the orange lights and work with that! 
This is what I've been wanting to do for a long time!  The shack was just a big brown box, so I got out the gray paint I used on the newest headstones and painted some areas of "plaster" and then found some more oops paint at Lowe's in a light brown that made for some perfect bricks!  
And there's some toddler sized handprints on the inside....


It's been 2 days since I last looked and what is that I see on 11/1???
A SNOWFLAKE!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Cute picture with the kids. I remember some white Halloweens. 1988 was the most memorable. But I prefer when it's cold, albeit not snowy. In 2008 we had snow a few days before Halloween, but it didn't last. That October was perfectly cold though.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!!