Quick backstory here - the Spouse has volunteered with the MS Society for more years than I've known him (and we've been married 20 years!) It was his thing, and until recently, he attended 4 bike rides a year doing communications and helping set up routes, etc, etc, etc. He's got his MS family, the same group of people who also volunteer each year.
I have never attended any of these events with him.
However this year, one of the rides, called the Bavarian Breakaway, took place on my birthday. He asked me to go with him! Friday was mostly a bunch of socializing - finally meeting people I'd heard about but never had faces to go with names.
Saturday I hopped in a truck with M. & A. - I had met M. before and know her & her hubby pretty well. I only met A. last October at her wedding. We mainly just followed the route and if any of the bike riders needed help, we could call for someone or load up the bike and take them back to the start/finish line or wherever.
I only spent half the way with them, since it was also my sister's birthday (I was her 13th birthday present) and she lives fairly close, so she drove up and we spent the rest of the day together. But I digress.
Someone asked where Chuck sleeps when I take him places.
Pretty much anywhere!
He had company in the bathtub, tho. You can see the spider above and to the left of his head!
Start / Finish line
The Spouse's blinky lights
M. also has travelling friends.
Stormy the Bear & Cookie the Goat.
Sometimes there's a stuffed Pikachu and a little Mr. Bill in attendance, too
I don't normally play with Chuck in a cemetery, but the port-a-potty was asking for it!
We stopped in this little town called Vassar where one of the rest stops was. The abutment for this train trestle was painted so nice - so we hopped out to get pics..... and got caught by the Spouse!
😄😄😄
This is a log that was submerged in the nearby Cass River for hundreds of years.
I was pleasantly surprised to find out that rest areas were themed. And this one happened to be Halloween!
The first thing that caught my attention was the fire truck in the parking lot across from the rest stop. I was all about getting a picture of Chuck with just the truck, but M. yelled out to the firefighters and asked if we could get pics with them!
And the fire chief was right there, so he told them to turn around & pose - and then requested we tag them in the pics!
Chuck of the Corn
What other adventures will Chuck find himself in?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a note - they make me feel loved!!