July 28, 2012

Finished Project - Bracelet

I am proud to have finished a project today! 

Someone had posted this on the halloween Forum - and it's stunning.  I decided I was going to make my own.


Here are all the bits & pieces spread out.  This is when I realized the Dark Side Designs sends their charms with the little loop necessary to attach the charm to the bracelet.  Goody beads did not.  And the loops I already had, I didn't think were sturdy enough to hold the charms.  This meant a trip to Michael's and JoAnn Fabrics!


I ended up getting black aluminum rings to attach the charms.  I also was looking for some beads for that splash of color.  I swear I walked the aisle at JoAnn's for 15 minutes, looking for colors that grabbed my attention.  I was on the phone, too - so my attention may have strayed a bit.


Here's a good look at the charms.  I settled on sparkly faceted red beads and black seed beads. It really didn't take that long to put it all together. Maybe 15 minutes?  I was sitting in the living room, pretending to watch a movie with the family while doing this. 


And the finished product!  The 8" chain is actually long enough that I can carefully slide it off over my totally un-femininely large hand.  In my case is a good thing since it's a pain in the backside to find the end of the chain for the clasp!


I'm very happy with it and I love the sound it makes jingling on my wrist!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!!