April 21, 2012



I figured I probably freaked enough people out with the snake post, so these will be nice & pretty spiders!

I found this pin on Pinterest so it was my inspiration.  As with just about any project I take on - I had to do some tweaking.  In the inspiration post, they took the leg wires & twisted them around the body wire.  Eh.  I didn't like how big that made the area between & head & body beads.    Sooooo........

 I bent the leg wire in half & added a crimp bead close to the bend to make a loop.

 Here you can see I threaded the head , 4 sets of legs and the body onto a finding.

I think I finally need to accept that the body bead is just too heavy for the legs and make a smaller spider. Which sucks because I really like those big beads! Possibly the front 2 sets of legs are too long, too. 
However, the green one up top worked out pretty nicely.

 I'd much rather have these in my house than the real ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!!