June 20, 2024

IT'S SUMMER !!!!

 I set this to post exactly at 20:51 UTC, which is 16:51 EST, because why not post exactly on the equinox?  

That being said....

This freaking heat wave plays hell on a chubby girl!  
I hate to be sweaty. 

There was a moment of panic last night when we had a storm blow thru and our power flickered a few times.  I sure don't want to be without my A/C!  

I saw our only casualty this morning.
I planted my lilac not long after we moved into this house (22? years ago!) and one year it almost got flattened from a wet heavy snow, so the Spouse trimmed it back to a tree for me and it's been like that since.  Guess it didn't like the dumping rain and the trunk snapped just below the ground level.  It was only about 5 feet tall so it'll be an easy clean up.  
I'm glad I haven't been at any cemeteries recently so I am certain this handprint on my car came from the smaller of the grandkids and not anyone ghostly.   I don't know if I want to know what was on her hand to make dust stick so well thru multiple rains!?
Chuck got a new horse for the funeral procession thru the cemetery this year thanks to a neighbor!  
Of course the grandkids are having a good time with it until then.

I've been reading a lot of "Code Orange" posts lately on various forms of social media.  There just so happens to be an At Home store, Joann's & Michael's all close together, also close to my work. 
I was kind of disappointed, but I have to remember that it's early!
At Home looked to be in the process of stocking their shelves. 
I snagged this really cute ghosty blowmold. It's lit by 2 C7 bulbs.  I'll have to look at it after dark to see how well it lights up.  It should be good with the white plastic. 
Are the ads on FB true?  Is Joann's closing?  Of course the store I went in is usually pretty dumpy anyway, but they had a lot of flattened boxes everywhere and a lot of empty shelves. I really don't like how they mark up their prices and then give you "sales" or "coupons" to bring it back to a somewhat reasonable price.  This little guy (who I'd seen online and thought was adorable) was a lot smaller than I expected and was marked $35!!!  Everything was already 40% off so I sucked it up and paid $20 for him, only because he is so stinking cute! 
My tangent....they have a groundbreaker skeleton similar to the one Party City came out with last year - marked $500!!  and their 8 foot skeleton with LED eyes was $400!  Hard pass. 

Then the Michael's was a bust.  There might have been a few fall things out, but nothing that grabbed my attention enough to even walk down the aisle.  I did see this countdown online, tho.  

This is really neat, but I wish they had skeletons instead of witches. Or even ghosts! 
I'll have to make a run to the stores closer to my house.  They're in a nicer town and usually have better selections. 

OMG - did you see this at Tractor Supply?  
That's just entirely too hilarious!  
I personally wouldn't pay that for a giant chicken but I really want to see someone with one!  
I've seen a TSC thread on HalloweenForum and people were wondering which size skeleton would fit on the chicken's back better!
🤣🤣🤣




Chuck, what are you looking at??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!!