June 04, 2024

The Canterbury Village Dino & Dragon Stroll

Back on May 18, I took the grandkids to see the Dino & Dragon Stroll in Auburn Hills.  
whoops, cut the top of the ad off, but you get the point!

We had a pretty good time.  The kids loved seeing the dinosaurs, since they're both on a dino kick right now. 
We got the last time slot of the day, so the everything was all turned off before we were done (with ice cream & potty trips & jumping in the bounce house, etc) which is great, since LittleMan was kind of freaked out by the noise, even tho I showed him the speakers and we could see where the vinyl was torn on some of them and the animatronics. 
BabyGirl wasn't fazed in the slightest.  
We took the stroller along in case someone got tired, but it ended up carrying Chuck and the backpack.
Some of the little stores were open there, so I got a black succulent for cheap. 
I was bummed that they didn't have signs like this for all the dinos!
Little Man was disappointed he didn't get to see a Pterodactyl, since they had plenty of places they could have displayed it, either up on a tree or on top of a building.   
Kewl!

The only thing I really didn't like is that they seem to equate dragons with Harry Potter, which I've never read nor seen.  I started watching one of the 250 movies in the franchise and since I have an issue deciphering strong accents, I had the volume turned up - then got blasted into the next room by background noise.  So I watched less than 10 minutes.  

Anyhoo, it was nice to get them outside to do and see something different!  

They're supposed to be having dinosaurs at the Detroit Zoo again this summer, we might have to go check them out!

Lookin' at You!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!!