August 09, 2023

My Cow Quest

So it looks like a popular item for Halloween this year is the cow skeleton from Tractor Supply Co!  

I don't do TikTok so I screen-shotted my Google search to give credit

I may or may not have gasped when I saw it on IG.

Now let me tell you about my weekend. 
I visited a total of NINE Tractor Supply stores and only 2 had any Halloween decorations of any note out.  Apparently, SE Michigan just doesn't have much out yet.  

Friday after work.
Stop 1 - Rochester - endcap

 What's funny is that 6 other stores had the exact same endcap of stuff!!!

Saturday afternoon.
Stop 2 - Washington - endcap.  
I had hopes for this one, since it's the closest to the famous Tillson Street!  But nothing. 
Stop 3 - Oxford - endcap
Stop 4 - Ortonville - a glimmer of hope!  They had the banjo skeleton guys everywhere and a lot of stuff staged up on top of the aisles.  But the only skeletons I saw were rats, ducks & spiders.  I actually talked to a couple ladies there and I found out they'd be getting a shipment of stuff in Tuesday (yesterday).  But I wasn't the first person to be in there looking!
Stop 5 - Davison - endcap
Stop 6 - Lapeer.  I'd actually been in there Thursday night and they had some stuff actually out on the floor - including an empty shelf that looked like where the cows should be staged.  So I was hoping they'd have some more stuff - and they did!  A box of 6-5 foot skeletons. 
Stop 7 - Imlay City - endcap (giving credit to my sister - she actually had to go there)

Sunday morning. 
Stop 8 - New Haven - endcap
Stop 9 - Richmond - endcap.  We had a nice conversation with a gentleman there who said I was the second person asking that day - and we went in 1/2 hour after they opened!!  He said they've also been getting stuff in every week but those in particular hadn't come in yet.  He was telling me & the Spouse about his skeletons sitting around a "campfire" that sounded really cute. 

Sigh.
So I guess I'll just have to wait for a little bit.  
I'm going to have to put word out to the search & rescue team I volunteer for and have them keep an eye out, too.  A lot of them have farms and go to TSC more often than I am able to.

Off in a different direction now....
Michael's has skeleton geese!
I stopped in looking for nutcrackers, and saw them but it didn't sink right away what they were.  They're more of a yellow color and the wings up like that kind of help give it away what they are.  I wish they were a little bit bigger, they're about the same size as the ducks, but that's OK.  
I got 2 anyway.  
I am getting more picky about my nutcrackers - I only got these guys and not the witch or cat!  

Oh, and everything was 20% off.  

So anyhooo.  My quest will go on. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!!