December 01, 2018

#Creepmas day 1

Welcome to Creepmas 2018!
I'm a CREEP for The 13 Days of CREEPMAS
I'm going to leap right in, proudly displaying my geek-ness!

Chuck went with me last night to the National Weather Service Office in White Lake, MI!



We got to pop in & say hi to the Meteorologists on duty and get some pics in their office.


Watching out for airplanes!

It was kind of a bummer that it was already dark when we got there - s
o enjoy these older pics of 
 the Doppler radar dome....
And the evening weather balloon launch...

So the whole reason we were at the NWS was for Skywarn Recognition Day!
It's an amateur radio event where hams (aka my husband & his cronies) operate radios out of the NWS and try to contact as many other NWS offices as possible in 24 hours.
I also am a ham (N8LTG is my call sign) but I've never actually contested before.

K8DTX is the station that the hams use during severe weather activations. 
This is also the station they're using for SRD. 
I say using because it's still going on - It's from 0000-2400 UTC, which would be from 7pm EST last night until 7pm EST tonight.

Checking out the K8DTX map.
 Chuck trying out Randy WF5X's station.
 Nada.
 Let's go check out Ted N8ZSA's station....

 The High Frequency bands are DEAD!!!
Let's explore the rest of the office. 
It's Mr Bill!
They have a lot of beautiful Michigan artwork on the walls.
 

   photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-164-6E1F2937D85F5FD3EB8A14DC4819E6EF_zpsg5damrgy.png

2 comments:

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!!