September 03, 2017

Shopping scores !

Yesterday was quite the productive day - besides getting close to 16K steps in, that is.  I'd spent the night at my sister's Friday night.  She lives "out in the country" so we went into town to grab some dinner, then into a little store called Shopko for nothing exciting (except for the Pumpkin Pie M&Ms I found) and played around a bit, sending selfies to our other sister. 
Hi!

But on the way back to her place, we pulled into a little cemetery (I could have sworn I took photos there before, but don't have a file....guess I have to go back!) and we proceeded to freak ourselves out!  We wound our way to the very back and just as we stopped to try to orient ourselves.....her low fuel beeped and we both jumped!   I was sure the overgrown two-track looped around, but it apparently didn't so she had to turn around.  As she backed up, the headlights shone on this headstone so beautifully, I had to take a picture!  
Even the reflection on the hood of the car looks cool!

Our plan for Saturday was to go to Past Tense as soon as they opened, then go to the Romeo Peach Festival and check out their craft shows.  
 Not related - found this mug at TJ Maxx earlier last week..... Adorbable!

So, Past Tense is a cool place located in 2 old farm houses that have been in the same family for many years.  One house has a tea room & antiques and the other house has the "country store".  There's also a mill where they press their own cider with a diner.   

I've heard that the first house is haunted.  One of Laurie's friends won't go upstairs.  I had an experience makes me understand why!  The stairs are pretty steep and really narrow and because I have bad knees that occasionally like to act up unexpectedly, I stopped at the top stair to make sure my footing was good, etc.  As I stopped, I had the sensation that someone had fallen down those stairs before.  Not that I myself was going to, but someone had before.  It was really weird.  I told Laurie about it after we left, so I didn't freak out the old ladies working there.  Altho they probably already know.  

<insert twilight zone music here>

I just had a couple details pop in my mind now that I'm writing about it....  it was a woman in a long dress and the thought of blue & brown keeps coming to me.  Blue dress/ brown hair?  Idk.  Just blue & brown.  Strange!

Anyhooo.  The only thing I bought at the antique house was this little toothpick holder.  
 I love the blue glass and the cauldron shape. 

The best part is the upstairs at the country store.  It's all Halloween and they were having a big sale.  We were talking to the manager's son, Nathan and he'd spent 2 weeks setting up for this sale and it was amazing.  I'll put up a separate post of the pics of the store next.  It was amazing!   I got some pretty cool things.  
2 - 6 foot strands of artificial raffia - not exactly sure what I'll use it for yet. 
Possibly my horse's mane & tail?  
 I think this guy's name should be Dave.  His gold bowling shirt & no pants crack me up!
 These spider-ish skulls are really neat.  The options are many with these - they have little alligator clips on the back so you could put them anywhere. 
 A resin dinosaur skull.  They had it displayed with an artificial Venus Fly Trap sticking into the eye socket and it looked awesome!
 This fabulous mummy was one of the first things I saw.  

So that was all I got at Past Tense.  After a stop for cider & donuts in the mill, we went to 2 craft shows at the Romeo Peach Festival and went thru some of the cool stores along Main Street and in Frontier Town.  The only thing I found there (Halloween-related) was this little votive from the Partylite booth.  I haven't bought Partylite stuff in forever!  
 Love the eyeballs.
 ...and this gorgeous hand-made lazy Susan for my kitchen table. 

While shopping, I got the notification that my package from Yankee Candle had been delivered!  Woot!
 I actually went to the store and picked up Boney Holmes & a candle. 
 Rusty was interested in what I was doing.  
 I'm really pleased with Death By Chocolate.  She's so cute!  A tealight will go in the cake. 
 
 The candy dish was bigger than I expected. 
 The car charm is super cute, too! 
 Head Chef.  
And I couldn't pass up on the Scare Patrol car!
I also did some shopping in Laurie's barn - 
Heavy old metal tractor tires!
Actually, I just borrowed them for the season.  I haven't decided exactly how I'm going to use them, but they're for sure going to be on my coffin, being pulled by the skeleton horse.  I don't know if I'm going to put them both on one side that will be seen from the road, and just prop up the coffin on the back (and ignore that there's no actual cart / wagon?) Then I could have a skeleton or two sitting on it, going for a ride.....  Or pretend it was a 2-wheeled cart, put one on each side and tip the coffin up like it was sliding off the back and a skeleton hanging out?   Options, options.  

I'm kind of preferring the second option.  I always have skeletons sitting on the coffin and you can't really tell what it is they're sitting on.  But I have a skeleton who lost his legs last year, so he'd be perfect hanging out.  I use the coffin for storage but I could cover whatever's left with black cloth and put a light in there.... hmmmm.  

 So even tho I look Chuck with me to Laurie's, he didn't do a whole lot.   I almost left the dog's food bowl there so he held it for me on the way home.   
And had a snack!

 photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-164-6E1F2937D85F5FD3EB8A14DC4819E6EF_zpsg5damrgy.png

1 comment:

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!!