July 14, 2016

A whole lotta stuff (and another Michael's post!)

So back in the middle of June, the Spawn's dance team went to Charleston SC for Nationals (post 1 here if you want to read about that).  As we were sitting there on one of the days, waiting to cheer wildly for the DOS team (becuz that's what dance mom's really do!!) the routine that came out before us was called "Shake Dem Bones" and the prop dads pushed out like 6 of these trees!  Of course I perked up, seeing the potential and immediately trying to figure out how big they truly were and how they were made, and how I could work something similar into the cemetery!  Then the dance started.....all of their dancers were dressed like Day Of the Dead!  I'm not being a traitor, but I truly enjoyed this routine and was happy to see it place quite high.

(snagged photos of my screen from the website)

I had my skeleton totem on layaway at the antique store and finally brought it home.  It's well over 3 feet tall.  It's not going to be outside for sure!
The antique store was also having a sale, most of the vendors had decent discounts going.  I found these lenticular (??) 5x7s for 33% off.  They had a few zombie ones, but I was looking for skeletons. 

And yet another Michael's post!  last Friday, the 8th was mine & the hubby's 10th anniversary.  He went with me to get a pedicure (heehee - he actually enjoyed it!) and then we stopped at Michael's since I had a 50% coupon and wanted a silver skeleton!

Loved these red velvet skulls!  They were big and quite heavy & solid. 
I may still end up with one of them. 

Black velvet framed skull. 

The bat candle holders were gorgeous!

Hooray!
Regular price was $79.99 like the white ones.  
So the 50% coupon was nice. 

I liked the hourglass, too. 


Of course I got my skeleton!  He didn't get to ride around in the car with me for long, since that same night, we took our anniversary trip over the border into Ontario and we agreed that customs would probably frown at seeing this! 

 photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-164-6E1F2937D85F5FD3EB8A14DC4819E6EF_zpsg5damrgy.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!!