My Mother In Law lives in Arkansas, the Spouse & I live in Michigan. He drives down to visit her (almost exactly 1000 miles) several times a year. The plan this year (here's the post from my other blog about the non-trip from January) was to fly into Little Rock, spend a couple days in Hot Springs, then we drive home together, spending our 20th anniversary on the road somewhere.
I sent Chuck to Arkansas with the Spouse and mini-Chuck was my travel buddy again.
This poor thing has had several different names - I need to settle on one!
They have a lot of paper airplane art in this terminal!
I was supposed to leave Friday, July 3.
Since I was flying one way, I left my car at Sis1's house and she took me to the airport. But first became the delays.
Weather, air traffic control management issues, lack of flight crew, etc.
This is a regional shuttle between Flint & Chicago that goes out twice a day. Then I would have got on another plane in Chicago to Little Rock.
The morning one on 7/4 was already cancelled.
So I rebooked for evening of 7/4.
At least I got to go to the parade with my family and let off fireworks with the grandkids!
Shout out to J.A.Haunts for always having a skeleton in the parade!
I got stickers from them last year because they saw me with Chuck.
But here we go again with delays for the 7/4 departure!
Same reasons.
And since the delays out of Flint made me miss my connection in Chicago, the airline rebooked me for Chicago to Little Rock on the morning of 7/5 with a 9 hour layover in Dallas!!
Aw hell no. So I rebooked AGAIN for the evening of 7/5.
3rd time was a charm - the trip was uneventful.
Other than not getting the preferred seats I paid extra for - at least I got ON the plane!
Hooray!
Finally made it to Little Rock!
West Mountain Overlook
We spent Monday in Hot Springs, just sort of hanging out with MIL and planning the rest of the week.
Happy Hollow Spring Fountain
one of the cold springs available in town.
Tuesday, on the way to Fayetteville
the Bobby Hopper Tunnel on I49 thru the Ozark Mountains
One of the main stops was at the Spouse's BFFs house!
We'd been married this long and I'd never met him or his family in real life!
Up until then, Chuck stayed in the car, but he came out to play in the Model T!
Next stop - the University of Arkansas!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a note - they make me feel loved!!