August 26, 2011

Hi!

So to get started on my blog, I'm going to share some ideas & plans for what I have in mind for 2011.

1.  The cemetery needs some Jack O'Lanterns.  The only lonely blowmold isn't cutting it anymore.  So I have acquired more via eBay & one so far that I found at the Salvation Army.

2.  Peeping Tom needed work.  I appreciated his ugly shirt, but I made the mistake of slashing it, so his PVC-ness showed.  He's got a new ugly shirt now.  Same with Matt the groundbreaker.

3.  Marilyn needed a LOT of work.  She got totally remade.  I got rid of the square foam bosom & now she's chicken wire & has a new blouse.  I'm still not happy with her skirt because you can see her PVC legs.  But she'll do for now.   She needs hands, too.


4.  I do believe Art is going to be remade into a victim for Big Mike.

Art
 Big Mike

5.  I was somehow inspired to make 2 new life-sized guys to stand on each side of the driveway.  These are a work in progress.  They still need heads & hands.  For their heads I want to use the foam craft pumpkins. 

Did I mention their names are Chris & Jimmy?
And they will be carrying hockey sticks.

6.  This is a new little family this year.  Miss Angela hates when they look at her.  So I threatened to store them on the shelf in her room. 
Bettina Burnt, Anabel, Victoria the Victim & Penelope.

7.  The Grave Periscope.  I'm going to try my hand at paper mache on this.  The plan is to put it outside on one of the graves. 


8.  A witches kitchen.  This may be slightly ambitious, since it requires a piece of furniture that I do not currently have, nor have a place to store.   There are ideas flitting around my mind, about something like a baker's rack.  But anyway, I got a bit happy with the shopping & now have a large selection of bottles in all sorts of shapes & sizes.  I really need to take inventory & see what I have.  Then decide on contents & labels.  This is my prize find here.....

Awesome!

I am on vacation for the next week & a half, so know knows what projects will get finished and/or started!  I did find an excellent tutorial on HF for hands, so that's on my To-Do list. 

Later!!

2 comments:

  1. My mother-in-law is an artist and is in Halloween creation mode! It's such a fun holiday and leaves so much to the imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dolls are so creepy! I love them!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!!