August 05, 2024

Almost time for the Countdown!

I just signed up over at the Countdown to Halloween blog for this year's bloghop!
I always love to check out all the other "Cryptkeepers" because there are always a variety of topics to read. 

Oh, and signups for the Secret Reaper are happening over on the Halloween Forum, too!

Anywhooo.  
Watch out for scary monsters!
 Actually - the bay (brown) horse is named Ghost!

They were mooching treats from me. 

So I have a dilemma. 
After I went & ordered the raccoon from Oriental Trading (right) - I learned that Michael's (left) also carries them this year!  I like the Michael's one a lot more, even if it is gray.  I'm on the fence about keeping the OT one. It doesn't really look like a raccoon, and I don't even think painting the trail rings would help. 
I need to decide soon!
I really like the hand sanitizer holder from Bath & Body Works.  The eyes flash green & purple, too. 
I also like the car fragrance thingy but my car doesn't like it!  It's barely holding onto this vent.  The vents in the middle of the dashboard are vertical so it won't hold and I can't hang him from the visor because his arms & legs dangle! 
In case you don't know - CVS has awesome earrings!
And they have some H'ween ones out!
Snacks, too!
The Spouse & I went to Tractor Supply to get my hen & donkey!
I might have to go back & get the rooster, too.  
But first I'll see if they send me a birthday coupon.  

Can you believe this nonsense???
I've seen more since I took these a week ago, too. 
This astounds me!  This tree never changes color this early!  
I am usually still raking leaves off my maples at Thanskgiving! 
Compared to October 23, 2023 and every other year.
The burning bush is blushing!

I got this cute little blowmold from Big Lots.
The only issue is that he's battery operated so he won't get to spend all of October out in the Mosh Pit with everyone else. 

I bought him online since the BL website said the closest one available in store was about 1/2 hour drive to the east of us. Of course the one right in town didn't show any.  But the kids in the store told me that the BL website is not accurate at all.  It said they had 2, which is why I hurried and bought online, but they had 4 on the shelf, plus mine they were holding.  So the closer one probably did have them.  Oh well.  I also took the opportunity to go into Lowe's which was right next door to get the plywood & screws I needed for a project. 
This is the inspiration picture I took last year when we went to Tillson St.  I like to go there during the day just for this reason!  It helps to direct spot / floor lights and also blocks them visually from the road.  I usually hide mine behind a headstone, but this will give me more options to put the spot/floodlights. 

I'll make a post about that for the Countdown.  

The Spawn and I were just talking about the cemetery this weekend.  The big project this year is sealing & repainting most of the headstones!  There's a couple that need updates, too. 
We'll have to get those out soon!  87 days - time is getting short! 

1 comment:

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!!