November 22, 2020

Halloween 2020 - night edition

   We had a pretty decent night for trick-or-treating.  It was clear & cool - unlike the past several years where we had wind / rain / snow.   We got about 25 kids, down slightly from the 40 or so we usually get.  

The Spouse & I set up a table in the driveway like we usually do and just spread the candy out on it.  We had to rephrase what we were telling kids, since we told one boy to take what he wanted and he grabbed like 5 things!   After that, we told then to take 2 things.  

 And I don't know if this was a new thing, but the local county resident FB page posted a map you could add yourself to if you decorate, so other people could come see.  We had several cars pull up and that's what they were doing, following that map.  Pretty cool!  I like that idea.   
I love how the campfire turned out! 
I didn't get any good pictures of the Halloween Blue Moon that rose between my neighbors' houses but the clouds rolling in were pretty neat! 


2 comments:

  1. Looked great! Next-door.com has a map every year that lets you mark if you are giving out treats. This year they changed it to decorated houses for drive by viewing. We were worried we might get swamped with so few people giving out candy and porch lights off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I forgot about NextDoor! I was on it last year. This map was for drive-bys too.

      Delete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!!