October 24, 2017

7 days - Maple Grove Cemetery, Starville

Real Maple Grove Cemetery 2017 Tour, stop # 7 - Starville, MI
(or Cottrellville according to Find A Grave).
St. Clair County, just north of Lake St. Clair in the thumb and not far from the Canadian border. 
Actually visited  8/2014 but never posted about it!
So I haven't done any extra research on anyone that stood out to me. 
 Family portrait on the back of this bench. 
 It was almost like one of those lenticular photos - really difficult to get a good shot of it. 
Awww!
Love this!

Love the horses under the names.
How sad - she was only 21. 
 Cicada

I couldn't find any exact info on the 179th Ordnance,
I've found Infantry & Field Artillery (a good possibility) battalions
but those dates coincide with the Battle of the Bulge. 
Company!
I really thought this one was a homemade foam stone!
I've seen tutorials on how to do this coloring in paint. 

 photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-164-6E1F2937D85F5FD3EB8A14DC4819E6EF_zpsg5damrgy.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!!