October 21, 2017

10 days - Cast of characters

Does anybody else name the inhabitants of their display?
Some names may change for next year, but this is who we got now.  
 Master of Hounds, Dimitri & Ziptie his horse.
 Lola The Mourner
Gordie.
This is how my convoluted thinking goes.
Gordie
Gordie Howe / Detroit Red Wings (I'm a fan & live in metro Detroit)
Gordie was from Canada
Canada = maple leaves
Maple leaves = Maple Grove!
Perfect.  And I'm going to make a shirt for him with maple leaves or something on it. 
 Bettina the gypsy
 Ethel & Dorothy
 Frank - he's one of the 6.5 foot tall skellies from Spirit. 
 I've called the one on the left Asshole a few times, but here we have Moulder & Skelly.
The Bopsie Twins
The little guys
The Scamps
Al, Chuck's brother.

Speaking of Chuck - where's he been??
 
That is one seriously awesome hat - I paid $5 for it (which until this, I've refused to pay more than $2-$3 for stuff a skeleton to wear!!)  at the Salvation Army, but I can imagine some little old Indian woman sitting there for hours hand-beading it.  So I'll be bringing it inside when it calls for rain.  
Everybody conga!
Let's see how the forecast can change in 28 hours....
as of 10/20 at 1844
as of 10/21 at 2224
Wow. 

 photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-164-6E1F2937D85F5FD3EB8A14DC4819E6EF_zpsg5damrgy.png

2 comments:

  1. How incredibly amazing is your display!
    wow, that's a lot of work. I love it, your neighbors are lucky they get to see this. Bet you have cars slowing down all the time. that horse skeleton is huge!
    That hat is gorgeous!
    Love everything here..your temps are fantastic...how chilly is your winter??
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! We do get a lot of people slowing down, riding their bikes & walking by. And I've seen the guy across the street sitting out on his porch more!
      I am still impressed with the horse! Funny that they can give dimensions & say it's life sized, but you don't really believe it until you SEE it in person!
      We've had some pretty mild winters lately and not much snow. Sometimes it's really cold like below freezing, but other times it's in the upper 30s or so. We've also had snow during trick-or-treating recently, too!

      Delete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!!