October 26, 2016

5 days - Masquerade Ball Playlist

I put a lot of thought into the playlist for the ball in the cemetery on Halloween night.

I wanted appropriate music that someone could actually dance to, but when I searched for songs online, it appeared that most playlists I found picked their music based on the name of the song and not the actual lyrics. 

Sorry - Bow Wow Wow's "I Want Candy" is NOT a Halloween song.  Neither is the Blue Oyster Cult's "Don't Fear the Reaper".  I saw so many songs that made my eyebrows go up that I can't even remember any more without doing another search. 

So far, my playlist has 16 songs / 48 minutes, which means it'll play twice during Trick Or Treating.  Pretty confident that I'll be the only one who notices.  

There are some that are no surprise - Monster Mash, Time Warp, I Put a Spell on You - ones like that.  The ones I like to think are unique are the Man With the Hex (my daughter's first competition tap routine was to this song and I keep picturing her dance when I hear it!) and the three by Sharon Needles.  Seriously - you need to listen to them - you'll be pleasantly surprised.



(I hope the playlist shows - if not, here's the link.
Halloween playlist)

Any other suggestions?  

   photo http---signatures.mylivesignature.com-54494-164-6E1F2937D85F5FD3EB8A14DC4819E6EF_zpsg5damrgy.png

This looks promising - it just needs to stop changing!!


1 comment:

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!!