April 05, 2013

E is for Effigy


Welcome to Day 5 of the Blogging A-Z April Challenge, 2013!  Each day in April (except Sundays) I will be posting here, and the posts will be in alphabetical order!  This blog is all about my love of Halloween.    I'm not into gore, so don't expect to see a lot of that.  I love exploring cemeteries, so several of those will be featured, as well as props I have made and other ideas I've admired on the Halloween Forum and Haunt Forum and Pinterest.

For some shameless self-promotion, I have 2 other blogs in the challenge, too.  Check them out!
Random Ramblings - lives up to its name.  Totally random.
The Life of Lisa - health & weight loss related

  ********************

An effigy is a carved representation of a person, usually on a monument such as a tomb.

This particularly beautiful example is Mary, Queen of Scots. 
She was beheaded on February 8, 1587 for treason.

This is tomb of Jean d'Alluye, a 13th century French knight. 
He is shown in full knight's gear. 

6 comments:

  1. I'm telling my friend about this blog. She loves Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa, Nana's friend here :) I do love Halloween and I love that you have a countdown on the sidebar!! There is a FB page called 'Everyday is Halloween' and if you like it, they post great pictures and just wonderful things.I'll check out the Halloween Forum.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already follow that page! I love the variety of pics that they post, from scary to silly.

      Hf is pretty cool, everyone is really nice, and the talent? Wow. Fantastic things you'll find there and I have not yet met anyone on there who will not share how they built a prop or made something.

      Delete
  3. Ahhh! I love your blog! I also LOVE exploring cemeteries and Halloween is my favorite holiday (my daughter was born on Halloween, too, so there's that) I'm now following you obsessively :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! I think it is the best, funnest Holiday ever!

      Delete

Leave a note - they make me feel loved!!