I apologize to anyone who came here prior to 6 am this morning - I knew I had a blank post scheduled to publish at 4:30 & forgot to get back online last night to actually create a post!
Bake a batch of classic cupcakes.
Spread a coat of light orange icing (we stirred
drops of yellow and pink food coloring, and just a touch of green, into 2
cups of buttercream frosting until we had a hue we liked) on a dozen
- Use a pastry bag fitted with a number 10 round tip to top them with fat zigzags. It works best to first pipe two zigzags down the middle and then fill in the sides.
- Bake a batch of classic cupcakes.
I like this one better, since it's made out of red velvet cake.
- Pink or white paper cupcake liners
- 1 recipe batter for Red Velvet Cupcakes
- 1 recipe Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting
- Red and black food coloring
- Pastry bag and large round tip
Happy Friday the 13th!